Sign me up!
out our new youth pages!
Get involved with the Red Cross!
Either individually or as part of a group, you can make a valuable contribution,
learn new skills, and meet new friends while fulfilling school community
service requirements. You can choose what you want to do! Here are
just a few of the possiblities:
- Special Projects - Assist in various departments on special projects
such as the hospital teddy bear campaign, assembling first-time blood
donor kits, and assembling materials used in the collection of blood
- Blood Drives - Assist nursing staff on a blood mobile or at a donor
center in registering blood donors, recruiting donors, labeling empty
containers, escorting donors, and serving refreshments.
- Fund Raising - Organize fund raising activities such as a Hop-a-thon,
sale of holiday flowers or cards, Dimes for Disasters, Disaster Dance, car
wash party, and more. Let us know your ideas.
- Disaster Education - Give presentations to peers and younger audiences
regarding fire prevention, home safety, and family disaster plans.
Participate in parades, drills, and exhibitions.
- Veterans Administration Hospital - Assist with providing services to
veterans at VA hospitals in Central Maryland. Assignments vary and are
coordinated by the Volunteer Coordinator at the hospital.
Yes, I want to become a volunteer!