Be a part of generationV!Either individually or as part of a group, you can make a valuable contribution, learn new skills, and meet new friends while fulfilling school community service requirements. You can choose what you want to do! Here are just a few of the possiblities:
- Special Projects - Assist in various departments on special projects such as the hospital teddy bear campaign, assembling first-time blood donor kits, and assembling materials used in the collection of blood products.
- Blood Drives - Assist nursing staff on a blood mobile or at a donor center in registering blood donors, recruiting donors, labeling empty containers, escorting donors, and serving refreshments.
- Fund Raising - Organize fund raising activities such as a Hop-a-thon, sale of holiday flowers or cards, Dimes for Disasters, Disaster Dance, car wash party, and more. Let us know your ideas.
- Disaster Education - Give presentations to peers and younger audiences regarding fire prevention, home safety, and family disaster plans. Participate in parades, drills, and exhibitions.
- Veterans Administration Hospital - Assist with providing services to veterans at VA hospitals in Central Maryland. Assignments vary and are coordinated by the Volunteer Coordinator at the hospital.
Yes, I want to become a volunteer!